Rhode Island state executive offices
State executive organization
Executive officials in Rhode Island are part of a three-pronged government structure that includes state legislators and state judges. Article V, Section 1 of the Rhode Island Constitution defines the distribution of powers in the state: "The powers of the government shall be distributed into three separate and distinct departments: the legislative, executive and judicial."
The following is a list of state executive offices in Rhode Island.
- Attorney General of Rhode Island
- Governor of Rhode Island
- Lieutenant Governor of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Commissioner of Agriculture
- Rhode Island Commissioner of Education
- Rhode Island Director of Business Regulation
- Rhode Island Director of Environmental Management
- Rhode Island Director of Labor
- Rhode Island General Treasurer
- Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission
- Rhode Island Secretary of State
Note: First appointed or First elected will include a date depending on if the officeholder was appointed or elected.
|Candidate ballot accecss|
|Find detailed information on ballot access requirements in all 50 states and Washington D.C.|
- Rhode Island Attorney General election, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State election, 2014
- Rhode Island down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Rhode Island gubernatorial election, 2014
- Rhode Island lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2014
- Rhode Island state executive official elections, 2014
There were no elections in Rhode Island in 2013.
There were no elections in Rhode Island in 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rhode + Island + state + government
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.