Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Washington State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Washington State University|
|Master's||Washington State University|
|Place of birth||Spokane, Washington|
|Profession||President and CEO of North by Northwest Productions|
He holds an undergraduate degree in Communications and a Master's in Human Nutrition from Washington State University. He also served as a firefighter and EMT for six years. He now owns North by Northwest Productions.
Cowan's campaign platform included:
- Training a World-Class Workforce
- Infrastructure and Conservation
- Tax Fairness
- Medicare and Seniors
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 25 districts in the Washington State Senate took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Michael Baumgartner (R) and Rich Cowan (D) were unopposed in the primary. Baumgartner defeated Cowan in the general election.
|Washington State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michael Baumgartner Incumbent||57.2%||25,448|
|Source: Associated Press Results are as of November 13, 2014.|
Cowan ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 5th District. He and Cathy McMorris Rodgers advanced past the blanket primary on August 7, 2012, and faced off in the general election on November 6, 2012. Rodgers won.
|U.S. House, Washington District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cathy McMorris Rodgers Incumbent||61.9%||191,066|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Washington District 5, 2012 - Rich Cowan Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,968,862|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,987,459|
|Top contributors to Rich Cowan's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|Nu Image Inc||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$17,500|
Cowan has two children, Kristin, a professional ice skater and Casey, a 2012 graduate candidate at Marquette University.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rich + Cowan + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington State Senate
- Washington State Senate elections, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- CNN, "Washington Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Bio," accessed May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed May 20, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Associated Press, "Unofficial general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- AP, "Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Open Secrets, "Rich Cowan 2012 Election Cycle," accessed April 10, 2013