|Utah House of Representative District 50|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cunningham served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Workforce Services, Vice-chair|
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Gabriel Morazan was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Rich Cunningham defeated Louis Welch in the Republican convention. Cunningham defeated Morazan in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 50, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Rich L. Cunningham Incumbent||77.6%||8,554|
Cunningham won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 50. Cunningham defeated incumbent Merlynn Newbold and Steven E. Roberts in the Republican convention and defeated Billie Gay Larson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Billie Gay Larson||22.7%||3,978|
Comprehensive donor information for Cunningham is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cunningham raised a total of $22,803 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Rich Cunningham's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 50||$22,803|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,803|
2012Cunningham won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cunningham raised a total of $22,803.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rich Cunningham's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$1,000|
|Merit Medical Systems||$1,000|
|Nicholas & Co Inc||$810|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,803|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rich + Cunningham + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 50
- Rep. Cunningham's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Merlynn Newbold (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|