|Former Candidate for |
Wisconsin State Senate District 2
Langan is a former member of the Brown County board and a 32 year police veteran.
Langan announced on May 10 that he would run against current incumbent senator Cowles if a recall is approved. About 26,000 signatures to recall Cowles were filed on April 28, 2011. Signatures have been filed against nine different state senators in Wisconsin. A total of sixteen were originally targeted for recall.
In announcing his candidacy, Langan stated, "If a recall election is certified by the Government Accountability Board, voters will have a clear choice: An independent legislator focused on job creation and rooting out wasteful government spending, and a failed politician that will fight to preserve the status quo in Madison."
- ↑ WBAY, "Rich Langan Out for Recall Bid Against Sen. Cowles... Nancy Nusbaum In?," May 16, 2011
- ↑ WFRV-TV, "Wis. GOP senator has Dem challenger for recall," May 10, 2011
- ↑ ABC 2 WBAY, "Democrats Turn in 26,000 Signatures to Recall Senator Cowles", April 28, 2011
- ↑ WBAY, "Rich Langan Formally Announces for Recall Race Against Rob Cowles," May 11, 2011
- ↑ FOX 11, "Nusbaum to challenge Cowles in recall," May 16, 2011