|U.S. Senate, New Jersey|
|High school||New York Military Academy|
|Years of service||20|
|Date of birth||March 27, 1958|
|Place of birth||Bronx, New York|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
from New Jersey
He was defeated by Jeff Bell
in the Republican primary on June 3, 2014.
Pezzullo listed the following themes on his campaign website. See Pezzullo's website for his position on other issues.
- Obamacare: "Rich Pezzullo sees firsthand the effect of Federal meddling in health care industry and has vowed to fight it. As a computer technician, he sees how regulations regarding data collection and reporting are affecting the daily contact between doctors and patients. Rich supports full ObamaCare Repeal and will use his power as a United States Senator to block funding and implementation of this dangerous proposal. Cory Booker supports ObamaCare."
- Taxes, Spending and Debt: "As a businessman, Rich understands the importance of balancing a budget and providing services at prices which a customer can afford. Rich believes the Federal Government needs to take the same approach and supports major cuts in government welfare programs created and expanded in recent years, most particularly ObamaCare and other giveaways like free cell phones, 99-week unemployment handouts and welfare benefits that encourage people not to work and live off taxpayers. Cory Booker supports President Obama’s bloated budgets, tax increase proposals and will vote to raise the national debt, even without any spending cuts."
- Government Spying on Citizens: "Rich believes the Obama Administration’s harassment of citizens through the IRS and spying on citizens through the NSA needs to be stopped, and rejects the notion endorsed by Cory Booker, that government needs to increase spying on American citizens in order to fight criminals and terrorists."
- Bailouts: "Rich strongly opposed the Bank Bailout and the Auto Bailouts and believes government’s role is not to bail out businesses that cannot succeed. As Senator, Rich Pezzullo will fight to repeal the Dodd-Frank Law that justifies future bailouts with intense job-killing regulations on the financial industry. Cory Booker endorsed the bank and auto bailouts and will vote for more if he is re-elected."
- Education: "Rich Pezzullo believes the federal government role in education has been an overall negative and strongly opposes the Common Core curriculum standards and other attempts by Washington DC to regulate and control our local public schools. He considers Federal meddling in classroom instruction as a yoke on teachers, forcing them to train rather than educate. He is a strong supporter of school voucher and tax credit ideas that put parents in charge of their children’s education. Cory Booker opposes vouchers and tax credits and will support Common Core."
In April 2014, Pezzullo revealed on his Facebook page that he had signed the "Term Limits Pledge" and supported term limits for members of Congress.
- See also: United States Senate elections in New Jersey, 2014
Pezzullo ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent New Jersey. Pezzullo sought the Republican nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014, but lost to Jeff Bell.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rich + Pezzullo + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Rich Pezzullo News Feed