|Iowa State Senate District 42|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Years of service||1972-1979|
|Place of birth||Mount Pleasant, Iowa|
Taylor's professional experience includes working as an HVAC Technician and Maintenance Worker for the Iowa State Penitentiary.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Agriculture, Vice-chair|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Taylor ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 42. He defeated Donna Amandus and Bob Morawitz in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Taylor defeated Larry W. Kruse (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 42 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Taylor is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Taylor raised a total of $414,599 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Rich Taylor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 42||$414,599|
|Grand Total Raised||$414,599|
2012Taylor won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Taylor raised a total of $414,599.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rich Taylor's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$250,841|
|Senate Majority Fund||$83,858|
|Afscme Iowa Council 61||$21,470|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$10,000|
|Taylor, Richard D||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$414,599|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Rich and his wife, Annette, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rich + Taylor + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hand fishing flops in Iowa Senate panel - Quad City Times
- Hand fishing flops in Senate panel - Quad City Times
- Taylor bill sparks interest - Keokuk Gate City Daily
- All Nippon Airways' 'Racist' TV Ad Draws Anger, Apology From Carrier (VIDEO) - Huffington Post Canada
- Portman off to Switzerland - Columbus Dispatch (blog)
- On and off the road with Barack Obama. - New Yorker
- Monday's Sports Transactions - San Francisco Chronicle
- Taylor & Kearns.jpg - Fort Madison Daily Democrat
- Iowa Condition of the State Address - Tri States Public Radio
- Senate approaches final OK of $1.1T spending bill - KWWL - Eastern Iowa ... - kwwl.com
- Sen. Taylor's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rich Taylor on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Shawn Hamerlinck (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 42
| Succeeded by|