Richard A. Wooten
|Richard A. Wooten|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||St. Joseph College (2002)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Birthday||June 21, 1965|
Wooten's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Making sure we protect the pensions of police & firefighters who risk their lives everyday to serve and protect our families."
- Veterans Support
- Excerpt: "Making sure we put more resources in place to provide jobs, housing, healthcare and education to assist our military veterans and their families during active duty and after they have served our country honorably."
- Economic Development Reform
- Excerpt: "Sponsoring better jobs legislation creating more jobs, & protecting workers & unemployment benefits supporting families."
- Education Reform
- Excerpt: "Supporting legislation to address a new school funding formula so that all students can have access to a quality public education in a safe and healthy learning environment."
- Senior Programs
- Excerpt: "Protecting our seniors from nursing home neglect, physical abuse, and financial crimes."
- Excerpt: "Making sure we provide access to healthcare, & prevention care for everyone in our state."
- Community Partnerships
- Excerpt: "I will be visible by forming working advisory groups with constituents & other interested community stakeholders to address crime, jobs, housing, agriculture, parks, & redevelopment in Chicago, Burnham IL, Calumet City IL, Lansing IL, Sauk Village IL, Lynwood IL, Kankakee County IL, & Will County IL."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Elgie R. Sims, Jr. was set to face Richard A. Wooten in the Democratic primary, but Wooten withdrew from the race on December 27, 2013. Mark Ekhoff will face Fatimah "Timah" Macklin in the Republican primary.
Wooten is married and has two children.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Citizens to Elect Richard Wooten Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Richard A. Wooten on YouTube
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed February 12, 2014
- Campaign website, Platform
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |