|California State Assembly District 50|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years|
|Mayor, Santa Monica, California|
|High school||Fairfax Senior High School (1971)|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Berkeley (1975)|
|J.D.||Loyola Law School Los Angeles (1978)|
Bloom earned his Bachelor's degree in Communications and Public Policy from University of California, Berkeley in 1975 and his J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1978.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bloom served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media|
|• Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials|
|• Higher Education|
|• Fisheries and Aquaculture|
Bloom's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The greatest challenge the Assembly defeated is putting California on a fair, responsible and sustainable fiscal path. "
- Excerpt: "My wife, Robbie, and I raised two children who attended our fine public schools. Like most parents, we are proud that Zac and Emmett attended great colleges and are now making their way in the world pursuing exciting careers."
- Excerpt: "My record as a strong steward of California's environment is well known. Throughout my public career, I have led on issue after issue, making sure that we leave a better environment to our children and that we enact sustainable policies to protect our land and oceans well into the future."
Bloom won election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 50. He advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Torie Osborn (D) and Bradly Torgan (R). Bloom defeated incumbent Betsy Butler (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Betsy Butler Incumbent||49.5%||91,740|
Comprehensive donor information for Bloom is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bloom raised a total of $862,409 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 14, 2013.
|Richard Bloom's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 50||$862,409|
|Grand Total Raised||$862,409|
2012Bloom won election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Bloom raised a total of $862,409.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Bloom's campaign in 2012|
|Excel Property Management Services, Inc.||$7,800|
|Equity Office Properties||$7,800|
|Mani Brothers, LLC||$7,800|
|Kilroy Realty LP||$7,800|
|California Chamber of Commerce||$7,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$862,409|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Bloom + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Assemblymember Richard Bloom Appointed To Assembly Transportation ... - Santa Monica Mirror
- Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-AD50) - Hollywood Today Newsmagazine
- DOA: Behind the Chamber of Commerce's ?Job Killers? List - San Diego Free Press
- California business group uses ?job killer? list to help Wal-Mart - Salon
- Written by Gary Cohn - City Watch
- Early Look at Campaign 2014: Part 4 ? Safe Open Seats and Possible Same ... - Fox and Hounds Daily
- Former Mayor Speaks at Health Clinic Annual Holiday Open House - Patch.com
- 235 People in the ASC Industry to Know - Becker's ASC Review
- San Bernardino NAACP Hosts Annual Freedom Fund Dinner - Inland Valley News
- 233 People in the ASC Industry to Know - PR Web (press release)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- California State Assembly - Richard Bloom
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Wehonews.com, "Butler announces for WeHo Assembly," September 12, 2011
- Richard Bloom Facebook Page "Info" Accessed October 10, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, 2012 official candidate list
- California Secretary of State "Primary Results" June 5, 2012
- "Follow the Money", "Bloom, Richard", Accessed September 14, 2013
Ricardo Lara (D)
|California State Assembly District 50
| Succeeded by|