|Delaware House of Representatives District 9|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Cathcart's professional experience includes working as Associate Vice President of University Operations and Director of Purchasing and General Services at Delaware State University.
- Ethics Committee
- House Administration Committee
- House Rules Committee
- Telecommunication Internet & Technology Committee
- Veterans Affairs Committee
Cathcart's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 37 - "adds various protections to the Mental Health Patients’ Bill of Rights Act, including safeguards in administration of restraint and requirement of an enhanced patient grievance system for DPC patients."
- HB 38 - "requires mental hospitals and residential centers covered by the Mental Health Patients’ Bill of Rights Act to report deaths and critical incidents to the State Protection & Advocacy Agency which is authorized by federal law to investigate such occurrences."
- HB 41 - "establishes a community mental health treatment act with rights paralleling those of patients in the substance abuse treatment system."
- HB 72 - "gives the Division of Motor Vehicles the ability to suspend the driver license of a registered sex offender if the registered sex offender does not report to the Division for an updated driver license as required"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Cathcart did not seek re-election to the 9th District seat in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Cathcart won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 9th District, defeating Rebecca Walker (D). Cathcart received 7,436 votes in the election; Walker received 6,375. Cathcart raised $78,758 for his campaign; Walker raised $30,632.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 9|
|Richard Cathcart (R)||7,436||53.8%|
|Rebecca Walker (D)||6,375||46.2%|
Below are Cathcart's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|DE Standardbred Owners Assoc||$700|
|David S Swayze||$650|
|Nonpartisan Citizens for Business Expansion||$600|
|DE Trial Lawyers Assoc||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Richard + Cathcart + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Legislature
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware state legislative districts
- Official site
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
|Delaware House District 9
| Succeeded by|