|Hawaii House of Representatives District 5|
|January 10, 2014 - Present|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed||January 10, 2014|
|Appointed by||Gov. Neil Abercrombie (D)|
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Richard P. Creagan defeated Gene "Bucky" Leslie in the Democratic primary, while Dave Bateman was unopposed in the Republican primary. Creagan defeated Bateman and Jon A. Lalanne (L) in the general election. Randy Ruis (N) was not listed on the official list of candidates.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Richard P. Creagan Incumbent||58.4%||3,712|
|Libertarian||Jon A. Lalanne||4%||253|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Richard P. Creagan Incumbent||58.5%||2,074|
|Gene "Bucky" Leslie||41.5%||1,471|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their "support and advocacy for small business and an improved business climate."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Creagan + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House Committees
- Hawaii state legislative districts
- State of Hawaii, "Governor Appoints Richard Creagan to State House," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 12, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 4, 2014
Denny Coffman (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|