Richard D. Button
|Richard D. Button|
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Button's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Families are the foundation upon which this country was built. The evidence is abundant that healthy families produce outstanding students, workers, business leaders, sports figures, soldiers and great citizens. As your Representative I will ensure that programs and policies be supportive of the family and parental responsibility."
- Excerpt: "One of the factors for healthy families is to have good jobs. While government should not be the source of good jobs, the regulations and taxes imposed by lawmakers can either encourage or oppress business."
- Excerpt: "Energy consumption is crucial to both families and businesses. We are consumers of energy in a variety of ways such as: electricity or gas to heat and cool our homes and businesses, fuel for our vehicles that move people and goods we use everyday. Energy sources like natural gas, oil, and coal are also the origins for many of the materials used in our day to day products. Extracts from these minerals become part of our clothes, furniture, medicines, and parts of many other common products."
- Excerpt: "As your representative I will work tirelessly to reduce our State Government wherever possible and limit its impact on our personal lives and liberty."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Rick Glazier was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Richard D. Button was unopposed in the Republican primary. Glazier defeated Button in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 44 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Rick Glazier Incumbent||52.5%||10,171|
Button ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 44. He defeated John Czajkowski in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. District 45 incumbent Rick Glazier ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Button was defeated by Glazier in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Rick Glazier Incumbent||56.3%||17,266|
|Republican||Richard D. Button||43.7%||13,398|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 44 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Richard D. Button||65.2%||3,002|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Button + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 44
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- rbutton4nchouse.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |