|Florida House Of Representatives District 62|
|2004 - November 16, 2012|
|Per diem||$133/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Northeastern University (1967)|
|Master's||Central Michigan University (1974)|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1967 - 1994|
|Birthday||November 22, 1943|
|Place of birth||Danbury, Connecticut|
|Profession||Colonel, U.S. Air Force (retired)|
Glorioso served as a Colonel in the United States Air Force from 1967-1994.
He is a member of the Airlift Tanker Association, American Legion Post 26, Class Car Show Committee, Disabled American Veterans, Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis Club, Order of Daedalians, Plant City Chamber of Commerce Committee, and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4590.
Glorioso did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Glorioso's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1 - "Safety Belt Law Enforcement: Creates Dori Slosberg & Katie Marchetti Safety Belt Law; deletes provision exempting certain passengers from using safety belt; provides safety belt exemption for motor vehicles not required to be equipped with safety belts under federal law; deletes requirement for enforcement of Florida Safety Belt Law as secondary action."
- HB 1295 - "Art in Public Buildings: Repeals requirement that specified portion of appropriations for new construction of state buildings be used for art"
- HB 5013 - "Transportation: Revises powers & duties of DOT to provide for certain environmental conditions; exempts transportation projects funded by American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 from specified caps on annual contract amounts"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Glorioso served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Justice, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Glorioso served on these committees:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources Policy Committee
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Health Care
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee (Chair)
Glorioso did not run for re-election in 2012.
In 2010, Glorioso raised $112,572 in contributions.
His six largest contributors were:
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$1,500|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$1,000|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Ronald L Book Governmental Consultants Inc||$1,000|
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$1,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$1,000|
Below are Glorioso's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,250|
|Bright House Networks||$1,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Richard Glorioso
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Glorioso Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Glorioso Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- District 62 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
Janet Cruz (D)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |