|Maryland House of Delegates District 7|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Joppatown High School, 1980|
|Date of birth||November 1, 1962|
|Place of birth||Baltimore, Maryland|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, My Body Shop|
Impallaria's professional experience includes working as owner and operator of My Body Shop.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Impallaria served on the following committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic Matters|
|• Unemployment Insurance Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Impallaria served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Matters|
Note: Impallaria also served on the Subcommittee on Alcoholic Beverages, the Subcommittee on Property and Casualty Insurance and the Subcommittee on Workers Compensation.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Impallaria served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Matters|
Note: Impallaria also served on the Subcommittee on Alcoholic Beverages, the Subcommittee on Property and Casualty Insurance and the Subcommittee on Public Utilities.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Bob Bowie, Jr., Pete Definbaugh and Norman Gifford, Jr. were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbents Rick Impallaria, Pat McDonough and Kathy Szeliga defeated David Seman and Tina Sutherland in the Republican primary. Impallaria, McDonough and Szeliga defeated Bowie, Definbaugh, and Gifford for three seats in the general election.
Impallaria ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Maryland's 2nd District. Impallaria sought the nomination on the Republican ticket, but was defeated by state senator Nancy Jacobs in the April 3, 2012, primary.
|U.S. House, Maryland, District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 7 General Election (2010)|
|Patrick McDonough (R)||27,217|
|Richard Impallaria (R)||25,450|
|Kathy Szeliga (R)||24,573|
|Jeff Beard (D)||14,885|
|Kristina Sargent (D)||13,551|
|James Morrow (D)||11,960|
On November 7, 2006, Richard Impallaria ran for District 7 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the second of three seats, behind Patrick McDonough but beating J.B. Jennings, Linda Hart, Jack Sturgill, Rebecca Nelson, and Kim Fell.
Richard Impallaria raised $26,042 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 7|
|Patrick McDonough (R)||21,189||18.6%|
|Richard Impallaria (R)||21,333||18.7%|
|J.B. Jennings (R)||23,184||20.3%|
|Linda Hart (D)||17,122||15.0%|
|Jack Sturgill (D)||15,390||13.5%|
|Rebecca Nelson (D)||13,481||11.8%|
|Kim Fell (G)||2,307||2.0%|
In 2010, a year in which Impallaria was up for re-election, he collected $34,380 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Impallaria's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland Insurance Council PAC||$1,500|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$1,500|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$1,090|
|Andy Harris For Maryl& Campaign Cmte||$1,000|
|Restaurant Association Of Maryland||$940|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,380|
In 2006, Richard Impallaria collected $26,042 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$1,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$1,000|
|Maryland Insurance Council PAC||$1,000|
Impallaria is a member of the Corpus Christi Council, Essex-Middle River Businessmen's Association, Essex-Middle River Community in Action, Fraternal Order of Moose, Joppatowne Holy Spirit Church, Knights of Columbus, National Rifle Association, and the Northern Baltimore County Republican Club. He belongs to the Maryland Veterans Caucus, Maryland Rural Caucus, and Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Richard + Impallaria + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 7
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Richard Impallaria
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Facebook page
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results 2012" accessed April 3, 2012
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Election Results"
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Impallaria's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Richard Impallaria
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Impallaria's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |