|Idaho House of Representatives, District 21A|
|Idaho House of Representatives|
|Date of birth||10/6/1950|
Jarvis graduated with his Bachelor's Degree from Brigham Young University in 1974. He is an insurance agent.
Jarvis served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Lori Den Hartog defeated Charles Pratt Porter in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election. Rich Jarvis (R) filed to run but did not appear on the primary ballot.
|Idaho State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Lori Den Hartog||53.5%||1,943|
|Charles Pratt Porter||46.5%||1,690|
Jarvis ran for re-election to District Seat 21A in 2010 and was defeated by John Vander Woude in the Republican primary on May 25th by a margin of 2,740 to 2,202. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Republican Richard Jarvis won the election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 21A receiving 64% of the vote (16,798 votes), ahead of Democrat Sharon Fisher who received 36% of the vote (9,468 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 21A (2008)|
|Richard Jarvis (R)||16,798||64%|
|Sharon Fisher (D)||9,468||36%|
In 2008, Jarvis raised $16,795.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|Richard Dean Jarvis||$14,031|
|Dr. Reed K. & Leah B. Jarvis||$2,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
Richard is married to Mary Jarvis. They have six children and live in Meridian, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Jarvis + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho State Senate
- Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho State Senate District 22
- Richard Jarvis' personal website
- Idaho House of Representatives Members
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- How challenger beat incumbent
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Richard Jarvis
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho House District 21A
| Succeeded by|
John Vander Woude