Richard Johnson (North Carolina)
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 55|
Johnson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Our state needs to realize that government doesn’t create jobs. We must work to reduce the burdensome regulations placed on our businesses."
Reduce wasteful spending and reduce taxes
- Excerpt:"Democrats have controlled this state for over 100 years. Working with the new Republican majority to accomplish this takes time and business owners are needed more than ever to help make this happen."
- Excerpt:"With so many men and women out of work, it’s time to re-think what we do with our education. We need to ensure that our high schools and community colleges are equipped to teach valuable vocational education needed to restore our state economy."
Conservative and traditional values
- Excerpt:"As a pro-life, pro-marriage conservative and also as a proud member of the NRA and supporter of the 2nd Amendment, it’s time that the people of this district had a representative that valued these sacred institutions."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 55 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John L. Barker||5.6%||455|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Johnson + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- US farm bill has big impact in NC - News & Observer
- Journalist, historian community leader Pat Bailey dies after cancer battle - Burlington Times News
- Family of student killed while going to bus presented with finished shop project - Salisbury Post
- Calendar of Events, Friday, December 6 - Thursday, December 12 - Durham Herald Sun
- East Bank levee authority votes to reaffirm wetlands damage lawsuit against ... - NOLA.com
- Chamber Of Commerce To Run Ads In Idaho, West Virginia - Huffington Post
- US Plans New Bank Fraud Cases In Early 2014: Eric Holder - Huffington Post
- Harry Reid Rails Against Joe Heck On Immigration Reform - Huffington Post
- Sports report: Tigers trade Doug Fister to Nationals for three players - Columbus Dispatch
- New Bern Historical Society looks to its 10th decade - New Bern Sun Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Richard Johnson on Facebook
- Richard Johnson on Twitter
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |