|Alabama House of Representatives District 37|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Roanoke City Council|
|Birthday||July 4, 1939|
|Place of birth||Rome, GA|
Laird is the president and owner of Ranco Incorporated Real Estate and Development, and has also owned Laird's 5 and 10. He served on the Roanoke City Council from 1972-1976.
Laird served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Resolutions
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Appropriations
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 37 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Laird (D)||8,106|
|Bob Fincher (R)||7,011|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 37 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Richard Laird (D)||3,950|
|Rodney Walker (D)||2,595|
Laird raised $125,611 for his campaign, while Ward raised $11,095.
|Alabama State House, District 37 (2006)|
|Richard Laird (D)||9,323|
|Pete Ward (R)||4,008|
In 2010, Laird raised $116,291 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$9,749|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$7,501|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$7,500|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$6,000|
In 2006, Laird collected $125,611 in donations.
Below are Laird's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$20,500|
|AL Farmers Federation||$13,967|
|AL Education Assoc||$11,151|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$6,718|
|AL Forestry Assoc||$5,000|
Laird and his wife Peggy have one child.
Laird is a member of the Alabama and Roakone County Cattlemen's Association and Farm Bureau, Alabama Farmers Federation, Handley Avenue Church of God, Randolph County Camp of Gideons International, Randolph County Development Association, Roanoke Rotary Club, Randolph County Boy Scouts of America, and the Randolph County Cattleman's Association and Farm Bureau.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Richard + Laird + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Richard Laird
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Laird
|Alabama House District 37
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|