|Vermont House Of Representatives, Caledonia 4|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Lawrence received his diploma from Lyndon Institute in 1962. He also received his AS from the University of New Hampshire, Durham, in 1962.
Lawrence was the manager of McKenzie's Ice Cream from 1962 to 1963. He then worked as a self-employed dairy farmer from 1963 to 1986. From 1986 to 1991, Lawrence worked for Reynolds Real Estate as a Realtor. He later worked as owner of Agway Lyndonville from 1991 to 2006.
Lawrence has served as Selectman and Moderator for the Town of Lyndon.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lawrence served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lawrence served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lawrence served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Lawrence won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Caledonia 4. Lawrence was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia 4 General Election (2010)|
|Howard Crawford, Jr. (R)||2,015|
|Richard Lawrence (R)||1,987|
|Paul Ralston (R)||1,903|
|Paul Ralston (R)||1,903|
2012Lawrence won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lawrence raised a total of $2,197.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Lawrence's campaign in 2012|
|Caledonia County Republican Cmte||$950|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,197|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Lawrence was up for re-election, he collected $100 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Lawrence voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Lawrence and his wife, Nancy, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Lawrence + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- @Page Label_Large_w-rule:PROPERTY SALES - WatertownDailyTimes.com
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
- The Star's top books of the year: 100 ways to say 'good read' - Kansas City Star
- Melbourne film listings - Sydney Morning Herald
- Lawrence H. Jones, 81 - Manchester Newspapers
- Illness a wartime killer - Albany Times Union
- Who Were You When JFK Was Shot? - Vermont Public Radio
- Courthouse presentation on PACTV - Wicked Local Plymouth
- ALS support meeting - Wicked Local Plymouth
- Vets-Turned-Firefighters Find Brotherhood, Purpose - Vermont Public Radio
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004