For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia 4|
|2005 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||10|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Lawrence received his diploma from Lyndon Institute in 1962. He also received his AS from the University of New Hampshire, Durham, in 1962.
Lawrence was the manager of McKenzie's Ice Cream from 1962 to 1963. He then worked as a self-employed dairy farmer from 1963 to 1986. From 1986 to 1991, Lawrence worked for Reynolds Real Estate as a Realtor. He later worked as owner of Agway Lyndonville from 1991 to 2006.
Lawrence has served as Selectman and Moderator for the Town of Lyndon.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lawrence served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lawrence served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lawrence served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Caledonia-4 has two state representatives. Incumbents Martha Feltus and Richard Lawrence were unopposed in the Republican primary. The two incumbents were unopposed in the general election.
Lawrence won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Caledonia 4. Lawrence was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia 4 General Election (2010)|
|Howard Crawford, Jr. (R)||2,015|
|Richard Lawrence (R)||1,987|
|Paul Ralston (R)||1,903|
|Paul Ralston (R)||1,903|
2012Lawrence won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lawrence raised a total of $2,197.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Lawrence's campaign in 2012|
|Caledonia County Republican Cmte||$950|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,197|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Lawrence was up for re-election, he collected $100 in donations.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Lawrence voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Lawrence and his wife, Nancy, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Lawrence + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013