|Alabama House of Representatives District 39|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Jacksonville State University|
|Birthday||June 30, 1956|
|Profession||Manager, Lindsey Brothers Incorporated|
Lindsey is the manager of Lindsey Brothers, Incorporated.
Lindsey served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture and Forestry Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness, Chair
- Constitution, Campaigns and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Richard Lindsey is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Heath Jones is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 39 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Lindsey (D)||7,808|
|Tim Sprayberry (R)||5,872|
Lindsey raised $203,575 for his campaign.
In 2010, Lindsey raised $313,579 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$65,000|
|Lindsey, Richard J||$60,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$10,560|
Below are Lindsey's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|G Ferrell Patrick||$5,000|
|University of Alabama Systems||$5,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$4,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,500|
In 2006, Lindsey raised $203,575 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$35,000|
|Richard J. Lindsay||$25,000|
|Franklin Resources Group||$22,500|
Lindsey and his wife, Johna, have two children.
He is a member of the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce, Cherokee County Assisted Living Federation of America Organization Board, Ebenezer United Methodist Church, Farmers and Merchants Bank Board, Howells Cemetery Association, Southeastern Cotton Ginners Association, Coosa-Alabama River Improvement Association Board, and the Forney Masonic Lodge.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Richard + Lindsey + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Richard Lindsey
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Richard Lindsey
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lindsey
|Alabama House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|