|Alabama House of Representatives District 39|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Jacksonville State University|
|Birthday||June 30, 1956|
|Profession||Manager, Lindsey Brothers Incorporated|
Lindsey is the manager of Lindsey Brothers, Incorporated.
Lindsey served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture and Forestry Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness, Chair
- Constitution, Campaigns and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Richard Lindsey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Heath Jones was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lindsey defeated Jones in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 39 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Lindsey (D)||7,808|
|Tim Sprayberry (R)||5,872|
Lindsey raised $203,575 for his campaign.
In 2010, Lindsey raised $313,579 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$65,000|
|Lindsey, Richard J||$60,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$10,560|
Below are Lindsey's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|G Ferrell Patrick||$5,000|
|University of Alabama Systems||$5,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$4,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,500|
In 2006, Lindsey raised $203,575 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$35,000|
|Richard J. Lindsay||$25,000|
|Franklin Resources Group||$22,500|
Lindsey and his wife, Johna, have two children.
He is a member of the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce, Cherokee County Assisted Living Federation of America Organization Board, Ebenezer United Methodist Church, Farmers and Merchants Bank Board, Howells Cemetery Association, Southeastern Cotton Ginners Association, Coosa-Alabama River Improvement Association Board, and the Forney Masonic Lodge.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of November 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Richard + Lindsey + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Richard Lindsey
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Richard Lindsey
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lindsey
|Alabama House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|