Richard M. Cocchiara
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 99|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||RocklandCommunity College, 1982|
|Bachelor's||Pace University, 1988|
|Master's||Marist College, 1999|
After growing up in Rockland County, New York, Cocchiara earned his A.A.S. from Rockland Community College in 1982. He went on to earn his bachelor's degree in business administration from Pace University in 1988 and his M.S. in management information systems from Marist College in 1999.
Professionally, Cocchiara has worked as an engineer at IBM since 1982. He also worked as a property manager from 1989 to 1995 and from 2008 to 2014.
Cocchiara listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Common Core
- Excerpt: "The monopoly control of our schools and bureaucratic authority over local education needs to end. That starts by putting a stop to Common Core."
- The SAFE Act
- Excerpt: "I believe in the second amendment. As your member of the State Assembly I will vote to uphold your constitutional right to own firearms. I will vote to repeal the SAFE Act."
- Excerpt: "I want to reduce the tax rate individuals and businesses pay year to year."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent James G. Skoufis was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Richard M. Cocchiara was unopposed in the Republican primary. Skoufis ran on the Working Families Party ticket and Cocchiara ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Skoufis defeated Cocchiara in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 99 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||James G. Skoufis Incumbent||52.4%||17,837|
|Republican||Richard M. Cocchiara||47.6%||16,186|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Cocchiara + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 99
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Richard M. Cocchiara on Facebook
- Richard M. Cocchiara on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- New York State Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on October 19, 2014
- Rich Cocchiara, "Common Core," accessed October 21, 2014
- Rich Cocchiara, "SAFE Act," accessed October 21, 2014
- Rich Cocchiara, "Jobs," accessed October 21, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |