Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia State University|
|Place of birth||Charleston, WV|
McGinnis's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Life begins at conception and I will always support pro-life legislation.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman and I will oppose legislation that seeks to legalize same-sex marriage.
- The government exists to serve and protect the interests of the individual, without compromising the rights of life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness
- Our Military Veterans must be honored and supported for their physical and mental health and I will lobby for better benefits for our nation's heroes.
- Farmers are provided with the support to provide nutritious and wholesome foods to our citizens and schools and I will stand behind our local farms.
- Citizens have the right to bear arms and enhance security in their homes and their communities and I will fight for your constitutional rights.
- Energy policies must incorporate all sources of domestic energy and make certain that federal and state environmental regulations do not adversely affect West Virginia.
- Government is too big and businesses are taxed too much. I plan to propose legislation that enhances small businesses.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 35 is represented by four delegates. Andrew Byrd, Thornton Cooper, Barbara Hatfield and Sherri Wong defeated John Caudill, IV, David Harless, Bret Nida, Joe Wallace and Gary Winter in the Democratic primary. Incumbents J.B. McCuskey, Eric Nelson, and Suzette Raines and Chris Stansbury defeated Richard McGinnis and Marie Sprouse-McDavid in the Republican primary. Byrd, Cooper, Hatfield, Wong, McCuskey, Nelson and Stansbury will face off in the general election. Raines withdrew from the race due to personal reasons and allegations from Democrats.
In 2014, McGinnis's endorsements include the following:
- Jack Buckalew
- Susan M. Poindexter MS RD LD CDE
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + McGinnis + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House of Delegates elections, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- McGinnis for House, "Platform," accessed April 25, 2014
- Charleston Daily Mail, "Officials rule GOP can't replace Raines on ballot," August 13, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- McGinnis for House, "Endorsements," accessed April 25, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |