|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
|Birthday||October 24, 1946|
|Place of birth||Sevierville, TN|
|Profession||Manager, Lockheed Martin Energy Resource|
Montgomery served as a member/Chair of the Sevier County School Board from 1982 to 1998.
Montgomery worked as Operations Manager for the University of Tennessee-Battelle. He has also worked for the Oak Ridge National Lab. He is currently the Manager of Lockheed Martin Energy Resource.
Montgomery attended Hiwassee Junior College. He went on to receive his B.S. from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Montgomery served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Montgomery served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Utilities, Banking
- Subcommittee on Budget
School voucher bill skipped
Rep. Bill Dunn was discussing his school-choice bill in the House Education Subcommittee meeting on April 27 when a 10-minute recess was called. Republicans met in that recess in Speaker Beth Harwell's office and at the end of the recess, Reps Kevin Brooks and Richard Montgomery moved to send Dunn's bill to a summer study committee.
Lawmakers often do this to put off an issue for another day without killing the legislation.
The “Equal Opportunity Scholarship Act,” or HB388, would allow low-income students in the state’s biggest cities (Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga) to be given a “scholarship” to attend a public school elsewhere in the district, a public charter school or a non-public school.
The bill passed in the Senate the week prior to this delay, 18-10.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Richard Montgomery Incumbent||49.4%||3,455|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 12 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Montgomery (R)||13,605|
|Gary T. Eichmann (D)||2,112|
Montgomery raised $30,175 for his campaign.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 12 (2008)|
|Richard Montgomery (R)||21,983|
In 2010, Montgomery received $49,609 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Montgomery's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$2,500|
|Tennessee Wine & Spirits Retailers Association||$2,000|
|Farris Mathews Branan Bobango & Hellen||$1,500|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$49,609|
Montgomery raised $30,175 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee Medical Association||$1,500|
|J R Hyde III||$1,250|
|Tennessee Hospital Association||$1,050|
|Four different donors||$1,000|
Montgomery and his wife, Anna, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Montgomery + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Endorsements in Tennessee," December 8, 2011
- "House Skips School-Voucher Bill," Tennessee Report, April 28, 2011
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- The Mountain Press, "Carr drives to House District 12 win," August 3, 2012
- Unofficial Republican state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State
- Tennessee General election results
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 12
- District 12 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|
Dale Carr (R)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |