|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 68|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|J.D.||Southern New England School of Law|
Morrison earned his B.S. from Adelphi University and his J.D. from the Southern New England School of Law. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morrison served on these committees:
Morrison filed to run for re-election in District 68 and would have been opposed in the Democratic primary on September 11 by John W. Hanley and Kenneth A. Marshall. However, he withdrew from the race in August citing obligations to his family and business.
|Rhode Island House District 68|
|Richard Morrison (D)||2357|
|Thomas Carroll (R)||1581|
In 2010, Morrison raised a total of $25,337 in campaign funds. His top contributors were:
|Rhode Island Education Association||$2,000|
|Rhode Island Laborers Public Employees||$1,300|
|Wollschlager, W J||$1,000|
|Morrison, Dawn M||$1,000|
Morrison and his wife Dawn have one daughter, Morgan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Morrison + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Richard Morrison,” accessed November 25, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- Bristol Phoenix, "Incumbent withdraws from House race," accessed August 21, 2012(Dead link)
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 primary election results," accessed November 24, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions to Richard Morrison,” accessed November 25, 2014
Douglas Gablinske (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 68
| Succeeded by|
Kenneth A. Marshall (D)