|Hawaii House of Representatives District 3|
|November 6, 2012-Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Hilo High School (1972)|
|Bachelor's||Business Administration, University of Hawaii (1986)|
|Profession||Information Systems Analyst|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Onishi served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Vice Chair|
|• Economic Development & Business|
|• Veterans, Military, & International Affairs, & Culture and the Arts|
Onishi's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Top Two Goals
- "My top two goals are to (1) to increase revenues and (2) to assist our communities to become safer, healthier, economically viable and sustainable. To achieve these goals I will identify, develop and support programs that will increase revenue; and I will work with the members of our communities to identify issues and problems dealing with the safety, health, economy and sustainability of their community and work with them to find solutions."
- "I support legislation to increase research and development of alternative energy programs, the research and development of sustainable agriculture, the development of small and entrepreneurial businesses, and programs for affordable housing development and ownership."
Onishi won election in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 3. Onishi defeated Brittany Smart in the August 11 Democratic primary and defeated Marlene Nachbar Hapai (R) and Frederick Fogel (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marlene Nachbar Hapai||32.8%||2,832|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Onishi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Onishi raised a total of $82,574 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 26, 2013.
|Richard Onishi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Hawaii State House, District 3||$82,574|
|Grand Total Raised||$82,574|
2012Onishi won election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Onishi raised a total of $82,574.
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Onishi's campaign in 2012|
|University of Hawaii Professional Assembly||$2,000|
|Friends of Sylvia Luke||$2,000|
|Longshore & Warehouse Local 142||$2,000|
|Hawaii Laborers & Employer Coop & Ed Trust Fund||$2,000|
|Hawaii Government Employees Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$82,574|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Onishi and his wife, Joni, have three children, Nicole, Lissa, and Whitney.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Onishi + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Issue Positions: Civil Beat survey
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Friends of Richard Onishi, "Issues," accessed September 26, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Onishi, Richard," Accessed June 26, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Richard Onishi," accessed September 26, 2012
Clift Tsuji (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|