Richard S. Rudd
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 54|
|Birthday||October 22, 1959|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Rudd's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Good paying jobs not minimum wage jobs
- Excerpt: "That means working with business to come to Illinois and stay here but without bribing them with huge tax incentives. We need to sell them on our skilled labor pool, our great transportation hub and the fact that this is a great place to live and our strong work ethic."
- Our schools need our support
- Excerpt: "The pension problem is not something that happened overnight, the state has not funded these pensions for years and now, they want to push it onto the local school districts, which would mean huge property tax increases. We are already paying high property taxes to support our schools, there has to be another solution."
- Training of our workforce is an issue
- Excerpt: "Unions filled this gap by providing apprenticeship and on-going training but with the collapse of union membership, this gap needs to be filled. Labor and management need to work together."
- Wealthy people (the top 1%) need to pay their fair share of taxes
- Excerpt: "There is something wrong with the tax system when a secretary, teacher, police officer or carpenter pays a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top 1% does."
- Our political campaigns are unfair
- Excerpt: "The wealthy can ‘buy’ their elections and then pass legislation that benefits themselves and their contributors. We need true campaign finance reform. Elections should be publicly funded and each candidate should receive the same amount."
Rudd ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 54. He filed as a petition candidate after the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Thomas R. Morrison in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas R. Morrison Incumbent||59.1%||27,123|
|Democratic||Richard S. Rudd||40.9%||18,786|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Rudd + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |