is a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 4
of the North Carolina State Senate
Scott's website highlights the following campaign themes:
||As your Senator, I will vote to:
- Support our family farms and small businesses by reducing taxes and cut unnecessary and burdensome regulations
- Cut waste and make state government more efficient
- Provide the infrastructure necessary to attract and keep business in our state
- Ensure that we have the well-educated, well-trained workforce that is necessary to attract highly skilled industries and employers to North Carolina
- Reward our teachers for the hard work that they do and give local teachers and principals flexibility and control over their classrooms and schools
- Improve and increase vocational and technical training opportunities for students to ensure that those who choose not to attend college graduate from high school with marketable skills that can help them land a good paying job
- Expand school choice particularly for the families of underprivileged and disadvantaged students
- Expand offshore energy exploration and fracking
- Protect our traditional values and preserve the institution of marriage
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Angela Bryant was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Richard Scott was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bryant and Scott will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Scott + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Richard Scott News Feed