|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 7, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Ramona High School|
|Associate's||Riverside City College|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||2|
|Place of birth||Cherokee, Iowa|
Following high school, he earned two associate's degrees from Riverside City College. In 1967, he earned his A.A. in business, and in 1971, he earned his A.A. in education. Simmons served in the United States Navy from 1967-1969.
Professionally, Simmons worked in the electrical wholesale industry and commercial trucking. Later in his career, he earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2008. He then worked as a revenue agent at the U.S. Department of Treasury from 2009 through 2010, but he had to resign due to disability.
Simmons is a self-identified "conservative constitutionalist independent."
Simmons ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 4th District. Simmons sought the Independent nomination in the primary. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Simmons currently lives in Sequatchie County, Tennessee where he maintains a small farm. He has two children and three granddaughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Simmons + Tennessee + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Tennessee's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Tennessee's 4th Congressional District
- blogspot: "From Wolfpen Mountain," accessed January 12, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 5, 2014
- [email submission to Ballotpedia on December 30, 2013]