|Pennsylvania State House District 8|
|2001 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Saint Francis College, 1973|
|Master's||Suffolk University, 1977|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1968-1972|
|Place of birth||Mercer, PA|
|Profession||Real Estate Appraiser|
Stevenson served on the Grove City Borough Council from 1985 to 1993. From 1988 to 1993, he served as President of this council.
Stevenson earned his B.A. from Saint Francis College in 1973 and his M.B.A. from Suffolk University in 1977. His professional experience includes working for the RCA Corporation from 1973 to 1975, as owner/operator of the Stevenson & Company since 1981 and as a real estate appraiser. Stevenson served as a Sergeant in the United States Air Force from 1968 to 1972.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevenson served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stevenson served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stevenson served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Professional Licensure|
Stevenson ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 8. Stevenson ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Stevenson Incumbent||100%||23,187|
Stevenson won re-election to District 8 in 2010. He was unopposed in both the May 18 Republican primary and the November 2 general election.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 8|
|Richard Stevenson (R)||18,360||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8|
|Dick Stevenson (R)||24,389||100.00%|
Comprehensive donor information for Richard Stevenson is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Richard Stevenson raised a total of $322,449 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Richard Stevenson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$46,657|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$33,950|
|2008||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$31,385|
|2006||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$18,416|
|2004||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$15,402|
|2002||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$88,064|
|2000||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8||$88,575|
|Grand Total Raised||$322,449|
2012Richard Stevenson won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Richard Stevenson raised a total of $46,657.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Stevenson's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists||$1,500|
|National Fuel Gas||$1,500|
|Pennsylvania State Troopers Association||$1,250|
|Gmerek Government Relations||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$46,657|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Stevenson raised $33,950 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Society Of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Stilley, John M||$2,000|
|Pennsylvania Academy Of Ophthalmology||$1,000|
|Pennsylvania State Troopers Association||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Pennsylvania National Federation of Independent Business: 2011-2012 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania: Marcellus Shale Scorecard 2011-12
- Legislators were scored based on floor votes that highlighted environmental issues.
Stevenson and his wife, Susan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Stevenson + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Richard Stevenson's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- articles.philly.com/, "GOP picks Smith, Turzai as new Pennsylvania House leaders," accessed May 2, 2014
- www.alliednews.com, "Nesbit running for State House District 8 seat," accessed March 12, 2014 (dead link)
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Stevenson, Dick," accessed September 11, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributors," accessed May 15, 2014
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |