|Massachusetts Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs|
|2011 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Deval Patrick|
|Mayor of Westfield|
|1994 - 1997|
|J.D.||Western New England School of Law|
Richard Sullivan was the Massachusetts Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs from 2011 to 2014. He left his position in May 2014 to serve as the chief of staff to Gov. Deval Patrick. Sullivan was appointed by Gov. Patrick in 2011.
Sullivan first entered politics in the 1980s. During this time, he served on a Westfield, Massachusetts municipal public utility commission and serve three terms as a city councilman before being elected Mayor.
- Bachelor's degree, Bates College
- J.D., Western New England Law School
Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs (2011 - 2014)
Mayor of Westfield, Massachusetts (1994 - 2007)
Sullivan served as mayor from his election in 1994 until 2007.
Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 900
Boston, MA 02114
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Sullivan + Massachusetts + Environment"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mass Live, "Gov. Deval Patrick names Richard K. Sullivan Jr. to chief of staff post," May 22, 2014
- Masslive.com Deval Patrick names former Westfield Mayor Richard Sullivan to replace Ian Bowles as secretary for energy and the environment, December 10, 2010
- Massachusetts Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affair Official Website Richard Sullivan, accessed October 15, 2012
|Massachusetts Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs
| Succeeded by|
Maeve Vallely Bartlett