For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 106|
|Master's||Troy State University|
Thomas is a nurse, with a license from Joliet Junior College. He earned a B.A. in Political Science with a minor in History from MacMurray College in Jacksonville, Illinois, and an M.S. in International Politics from Troy State University.
Thomas is not accepting large campaign donors, stating, "We must rid politics of big donations or our democracy will die."
Thomas' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Protecting Our Constitutional Rights
- Excerpt: "We the People are fed up! Our government has some of the lowest approval ratings ever in our history. Born of that frustration are movements like Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party."
- Education Reform
- Excerpt: "I fully support local elected school boards, along with parents, teachers and taxpayers, to determine what is best for students who attend our public schools. "
- Recall Reform
- Excerpt: "Our democracy must move a lot faster in the 21st Century. We can’t afford to be locked in for years to unresponsive government. "
- Fiscal Order
- Excerpt: "We need to get our fiscal house in order and I fully support the repeal of Quinn’s 67% tax increase and lowering taxes on working families and small businesses in the 106th District."
- Pension Plan Crisis
- Excerpt: "The current pension issue in Illinois has snow-balled for so many years that no one can pretend they have a complete solution."
- Protect Military Families
- Excerpt: "I vow to take care of our military personnel and their families."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "As a nurse, I am well aware of Benjamin Franklin’s admonishment that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 106 Republican Primary, 2012|
- Richard Thomas for Illinois State Rep, "About Richard," accessed January 23, 2012
- Bio information submitted by candidate to Ballotpedia, January 4, 2012
- Campaign website, Platform
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |