Rick A. Mullins
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Virginia State Senate, District 38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 19, 2014|
was a 2014 special election Independent
candidate for District 38
of the Virginia State Senate
- See also: Virginia state legislative special elections, 2014
A. Benton Chafin (R) defeated Mike Hymes (D) and Rick A. Mullins (I) in the special election, which took place on August 19.
This special election was particularly important because it determined which party controlled the chamber. The seat was vacant following Phillip Puckett's (D) resignation on June 9, 2014.
A special election for the position of Virginia State Senate District 38 was called for August 19, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20. Candidates were chosen by the parties rather than through a primary.
|Virginia State Senate, District 38, Special Election, 2014
||A. Benton Chafin
|| Mike Hymes
|| Rick A. Mullins
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rick + Mullins + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Rick Mullins News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Virginia Department of Elections, "Official special election results," accessed September 30, 2014
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections, "Official candidate list," accessed July 11, 2014
- ↑ WJLA, "Phil Puckett, Virginia senator, announces his resignation," June 9, 2014
- ↑ The Roanoke Times, "4 now seeking party nod for state Senate seat with NRV corner," June 17, 2014
- ↑ Washington Post, "Republicans select Del. Ben Chafin to run for Phillip Puckett’s Virginia Senate seat," June 20, 2014