|North Carolina House of Representatives District 20|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of South Florida|
Catlin earned his B.A. from the University of South Florida in 1978. His professional experience includes serving as the President of Catlin Engineers & Scientists since 1985.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Catlin served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Environment, Vice Chair|
|• Public Utilities and Energy|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Catlin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As a businessman, Rick Catlin knows that strong schools are the foundation to a stable and growing economy. As a parent, he understands the challenges and concerns most parents experience in dealing with our public schools."
- Excerpt: "As a state legislator, Rick Catlin will reform the current regulatory environment in North Carolina to make our state more competitive in attracting new jobs from other states."
- Excerpt: "As our next state representative, we can all be assured that Rick Catlin will work to make a wonderful place to live an even greater place to live, work and raise a family."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Rick Catlin was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Betsy Jordan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jordan and Catlin will face off in the general election.
Catlin ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 20. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Catlin defeated Tom Gale (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Catlin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Catlin raised a total of $219,222 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Rick Catlin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 20||$219,222|
|Grand Total Raised||$219,222|
2012Catlin won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Catlin raised a total of $219,222.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Catlin's campaign in 2012|
|Catlin, Richard G||$55,779|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$14,969|
|Austin Jr, KE Kit||$4,000|
|Roundtree III, George||$4,000|
|Island Preservation Society||$3,700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$219,222|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Catlin and his wife, Janice, have two children. They currently reside in Wilmington, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Catlin + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- rickcatlin.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Catlin, Richard Glyndon," accessed August 29, 2013
Dewey Hill (D)
|North Carolina House - District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |