Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 15|
|High school||Catasauqua High School|
|Profession||Lehigh County Democratic Chairman, social worker|
Daugherty grew up in West Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. After earning a degree in social work, he worked with foster children at Pinebrook Family Services, and with homeless families at New Bethany Ministries. He also served as the District Administrator for former Rep. Paul McHale (D). Daugherty currently works at the Lehigh County Senior Center, as well as the Lehigh County Democratic Party.
Daugherty ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 15th District. Daugherty defeated Jackson Eaton in the April 24, 2012, Democratic primary and faced incumbent Charlie Dent (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 15 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charlie Dent Incumbent||56.8%||168,960|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S House of Representatives-Pennsylvania District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Daugherty and his primary opponent, Jackson Eaton were both relatively unknown in Pennsylvania's 15th Congressional District before running for Congress. They agreed on almost every issue; only their respective stances on abortion set them apart. Daugherty is vocally pro-life. Eaton, however, who was a Republican until the week he announced his candidacy, is pro-choice. Eaton also proved to be a more adept fundraiser than Daugherty.
- Dauphin County Democratic Committee.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's 15th Congressional District, 2012 - Rick Daugherty Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,706,451|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,511,724|
|Top contributors to Rick Daugherty's campaign committee|
|United Auto Workers||$7,500|
|Orloski Law Offices||$1,750|
|Natural Food Source||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
- The Morning Call Challenger to Charlie Dent Surfaces December 21, 2011
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Campaign website About Rick December 21, 2011
- Pennsylvania Department of State "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- Pennsylvania Dept of State "2012 Official Primary Results"
- pennlive.com "Pennsylvania's 15th U.S. Congressional District candidates Jackson Eaton and Rick Daughtery test waters in midstate" Accessed April 22, 2012
- Lebanon Daily News "Party leader runs for Congress" Accessed March 16, 2012
- Open Secrets "Rick Daugherty 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 26, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |