Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky State Senate District 17|
On his campaign website Hostetler listed seven issues of his campaign. Excerpts:
- Jobs: "The private sector, especially small business, is the engine that creates jobs and drives our economy. Government's role should be to foster a business-friendly climate by reducing oppressive regulations and taxes that are crippling our small businesses."
- Taxes: "I oppose a state income tax and would support reducing - and eventually replacing it completely with consumption based tax. But that is only part of the issue. We need to reduce gas taxes, property taxes, and the many other taxes you pay everyday without realizing."
- Budget: "I will support a Kentucky Debt Ceiling legislation to set a limit on how much our state may borrow and increase revenue by increasing Kentucky’s economy; as we increase jobs we will increase our base."
- Life and Family: "Life is a precious gift. That's why I am pro-life. Innocent and vulnerable human life of every age needs protection. Family is the backbone of communities."
- Education: "I believe we need to return greater control of our children’s education to the local level and begin reforming the education establishment in Kentucky with the express goal of getting additional money into the classroom."
- Gambling: "Expanded gambling in Kentucky will be predatory to families and creates an additional unholy alliance between government and gambling. I could not encourage my wife and kids to do something that I believe are unbiblical and unmoral therefore I could not encourage the citizens in the Commonwealth to do so either."
- My Responsibility: "I will push for term limits for all state elected offices and elimination of many of the unfunded lifetime pension of elected representatives. In addition I will practice what I preach vowing only to serve two terms and not take a legislative pension for part time service."
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2012
Hostetler ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky State Senate District 17. He was defeated by incumbent Damon Thayer in the primary on May 22, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Damon Thayer Incumbent||63.2%||3,687|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Hostetler + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Rick Hostetler on Facebook
- Rick Hostetler on Twitter
- Rick Hostetler on LinkedIn