|Florida House Of Representatives District 53|
|2006 - November 16, 2012|
|Per diem||$133/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|St. Petersburg City Council|
|2000 - 2006|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1984)|
|J.D.||Stetson University College of Law (1987)|
|Birthday||August 2, 1962|
|Place of birth||Detroit, Michigan|
Kriseman currently owns and is an Attorney with Exclusively Accident Attorney. He has previously worked for Englanderand Fischer, Public Attorneys, and Stolba, Englander and Shames, Public Attorneys.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Florida Bar, Saint Petersburg Bar Association, Suncoasters, Suncoast Tiger Bay, and the Lake Pasadena Neighborhood Association.
Kriseman did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Kriseman's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 157 - "Public K-12 Education: Provides requirements for civics education course that student must successfully complete for middle grades promotion beginning with students entering grade 6 in 2011-2012 school year; requires DOE to encourage school districts to initiate, adopt, expand, & institutionalize service-learning programs, activities, & policies in K-12; revises provisions relating to schools receiving school grade, etc. "
- HB 625 - "Mangrove Protection: Expands penalty previously applicable to violations involving mangrove trimming or alteration to apply to any violation under Mangrove Trimming and Preservation Act"
- HB 1325 - "Corporate Income Tax Credit Scholarship Program: Requires students participating in Corporate Income Tax Credit Scholarship Program to take FCAT under specified conditions; provides additional requirements for private schools participating in program"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kriseman served on these committees:
- State Affairs
- Subcommittee on K-20 Innovation
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kriseman served on these committees:
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council
- Government Accountability Act Council
- Government Operations Appropriations Committee
- Governmental Affairs Policy Committee
Kriseman did not run for re-election in 2012.
Kriseman ran for re-election to the 53rd District seat in 2010. He did not face any opposition in the August 24 primary. Kriseman defeated Thomas Cuba (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 53 |
2010 General election results
|Rick Kriseman (R)||18,817||58.55%|
|Thomas Cuba (R)||13,324||41.45%|
In 2010, Kriseman raised $109,746 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$2,000|
|Bright House Networks||$2,000|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
Below are Kriseman's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
|FL Chiropractic Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rick + Kriseman + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Failed to load RSS feed from http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Rick+Kriseman+Florida+Legislature&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 503 Service Unavailable
- Rick Kriseman's personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Rick Kriseman
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Rick Kriseman on MySpace
- Rick Kriseman's YouTube Channel
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kriseman Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kriseman Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- District 53 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 53
| Succeeded by|
John Tobia (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |