|Oregon State Senate, District 26|
|Bachelor's||Lewis and Clark College, 1972|
|Master's||Lewis and Clark College, 1975|
Metsger was appointed by President Barack Obama (D) to serve on the Board of the National Credit Union Administration on May 16, 2013. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 1, 2013, and took the oath of office on August 23, 2013. His term expires on August 2, 2017.
Metsger earned his B.A. in Communication from Lewis and Clark College in 1972 and his M.A.T. from Lewis and Clark College in 1975. His professional experience includes working as Assistant Varsity/Head Junior Varsity Basketball Coach for Lewis & Clar, as a teacher for Sam Barlow High School from 1973 to 1976, as a journalist for KOIN-TV Portland from 1977 to 1992 and as a consultant for MetsgerForbes.
Prior to leaving the Oregon State Senate, Metsger served on the following committees:
- Business and Transportation Committee, Oregon Senate
- Education and General Government Committee, Oregon Senate
- Rules Committee, Oregon Senate
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2010
Metsger did not seek re-election in 2010.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2006
On November 7, 2006, Metsger was re-elected to the 26th District Seat in the Oregon State Senate, besting Carol York (R). Metsger raised $523,653 for his campaign, while York raised $493,132.
|Oregon State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Rick Metsger (D)||25,183|
|Carol York (R)||18,964|
In 2006, Metsger collected $523,653 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP FUND||$175,226|
|SERVICE EMPLOYEES LOCAL 503||$39,476|
|OREGON EDUCATION ASSOCIATION||$37,470|
|OREGON CREDIT UNION LEAGUE||$20,000|
|KURT SCHRADER FOR STATE SENATE||$20,000|
Metsger has a wife, Kay.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Metsger + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the National Credit Union Administration
- Rick Metsger on Wikipedia
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Oregon Capital News, "Rosenbaum set to replace Devlin as Senate Majority Leader," November 12, 2010
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2006 Oregon Primary Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2006 Oregon General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Follow the Money, "Oregon Senate spending, 2006," accessed May 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 campaign contributions," accessed December 24, 2014
|Oregon State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
Chuck Thomsen (R)