|Texas House of Representatives, District 26|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Miller served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Defense & Veterans' Affairs|
Miller's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- State/County/Local Budget Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "No Personal Income Tax"
- People Issues
- Excerpt: "Education of our Children (43% of the 2012-2013 Budget)"
- Local Business Development Issues
- Excerpt: "Franchise Tax issues"
- Excerpt: "Stop Illegal Immigration – Support Legal Immigration"
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Rick Miller was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Amber Paaso was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Miller ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 26. Miller advanced to the June 31 primary runoff where he defeated Jacquie Chaumette. Miller defeated Vy Nguyen (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 26, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Miller is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Miller raised a total of $170,166 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Rick Miller's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 26||$170,166|
|Grand Total Raised||$170,166|
2012Miller won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Miller raised a total of $170,166.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Miller's campaign in 2012|
|Perry, Bob J||$5,000|
|Republican Party Of Fort Bend County||$5,000|
|Gates Jr, Gary||$5,000|
|Texans For Lawsuit Reform||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$170,166|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Miller received a score of 77.4 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rick + Miller + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas House of Representatives Office Website
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Miller, Rick," accessed July 23, 2013
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
Charlie Howard (R)
|Texas House District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |