Iowa State Senate, District 1
|Profession||President, Mullin Awning and Siding|
On his campaign page, Rick Mullin outlined his four main concerns:
- Jobs - more jobs for hardworking families, higher paying jobs from new industries, and retraining workers for new job opportunities in renewable energy.
- Taxes - "Our economy's recent decline is the perfect time to take a hard look at every tax and every incentive that Iowa uses."
- Roads - "...we can't get Highway 20 four-laned to Sioux City. We lag behind the rest of the state, and that's got to change."
- Education - " Sioux City students need the same first-class education as the students in West Des Moines and Sergeant Bluff, but we don’t have the same tax base as those communities. It’s time to insure that EVERY student in Iowa has the same opportunities, no matter their local tax base."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Mullin was unopposed.
|Iowa State Senate, District 1 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Iowa
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Rick Mullin on Facebook
- Rick Mullin on Twitter
- Rick Mullin's profile on ActBlue