|Ohio House of Representatives District 73|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1982|
|Master's||Troy State University, 1992|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
Perales earned his B.S. in Building Construction from Auburn University in 1982 and his M.S. in International Relations from Troy State University in 1992.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Perales served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
|• Policy and Legislative Oversight|
|• Transportation, Public Safety and Homeland Security|
Perales' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Jobs are the key to restoring Ohio to the kind of state in which our children and grandchildren want to remain. We need to be able to attract and maintain businesses that provide good quality of living job opportunities for our residents."
Wright Patterson Air Force Base
- Excerpt: "The base provides resources for our war fighters that give them the best opportunity to be successful in battle, and then return home safely to their families. I will be the number 1 advocate for the current and future missions at WPAFB."
- Excerpt: "As a retired veteran and a proud citizen, I believe we have the responsibility and obligation to take care of these vets and do whatever it takes – medically, psychologically and/or job training-wise, to assimilate them to active and productive members of society. I would be honored to play an active role in this activity."
Values and Principles
- Excerpt: "It is important to maintain the values and principles that were the basis of the founding of this state and country. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment; I believe in traditional marriage and the right to life, recently endorsed by Ohio Right to Life. I will work diligently for conservation legislation where and as required."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Dave Ogan was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Rick Perales was unopposed in the Republican primary. Perales and Ogan will face off in the general election.
Perales won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 73. Perales defeated Jarrod Martin and Eric Spicer in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Bill Conner (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 73, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 73 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Perales is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Perales raised a total of $124,546 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Rick Perales's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 73||$124,546|
|Grand Total Raised||$124,546|
2012Perales won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Perales raised a total of $124,546.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Perales's campaign in 2012|
|Perales, Richard G.||$10,000|
|Harris, Chris B.||$3,000|
|Urse, John S.||$2,500|
|Ross, Tammy S.||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$124,546|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
In 2012, Perales received endorsements from the following:
- Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
- The Ohio Manufacturers' Association
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
Perales and his wife, Becka, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rick + Perales + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Perales on Facebook
- Perales on Twitter
- Perales on LinkedIn
- Perales on YouTube
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- voteperales.com, "Issues," accessed August 25, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State: Elections and Voting, "Republican Ohio Representative: March 6, 2012," accessed June 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Perales, Rick," accessed June 5, 2013
- Vote Perales, "Endorsements," accessed May 22, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |