|Former candidate for|
|U.S. Senate, Iowa|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Phillips Academy, 1969|
|Associate's||Kirkwood Community College, 1977|
|Bachelor's||Coe College, 1992|
|Master's||University of Chicago, 1994|
|Date of birth||August 3, 1951|
|Place of birth||Postville, Iowa|
Born in Postville, Iowa, Stewart grew up in Maquoketa, Iowa until he earned a scholarship to attend Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, where he graduated in 1969. Stewart earned an A.S. in agricultural mechanics from Kirkwood Community College in 1977. He went on to earn his B.A. in business administration from Coe College in 1992 and his M.B.A. from the University of Chicago in 1994.
Stewart founded Frontier Coop, a supplier of herbs, spices and aromatherapy product to the natural food industry, in 1976. He retired in 1999.
Stewart submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I am a libertarian redistributionist, running for office to crack open the Republican/Democratic duopoly.||”|
Stewart ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Iowa. Stewart ran as an Independent candidate. The general election took place November 4, 2014. He was defeated by Joni Ernst (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. Senate, Iowa General Election, 2014|
|Source: Iowa Secretary of State Official Results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rick + Stewart + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed August 11, 2014
- Huffington Post, "Election 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- Rick Stewart, "About," accessed October 6, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on October 5, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid