Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, South Dakota|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 10, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Weiland is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing South Dakota. Weiland is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Weiland has yet to win the support of Harry Reid and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, despite being the only registered Democratic in the race as of December 2013. Weiland met with Reid's Chief of Staff David Krone, leading Weiland to believe Reid was warming up to him, "I think he’s got a job to do at this point, which is his job as majority leader, and he is not dictating to the Senate campaign committee. That’s Michael Bennet’s purview, obviously. They don’t want to get their signals crossed, and they want to be able to coordinate their efforts." However, Reid's staff denied this saying, "Not much to see here. David took the meeting as a favor, but Senator Reid’s stance hasn’t changed."
|Rick Weiland (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0||$205,941||$(5,908)||$200,032|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$200,032||$169,679||$(54,505)||$315,206|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$315,206||$160,647||$(91,146)||$384,706|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rick + Weiland + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Issue positions and quotes at On The Issues
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Collected news and commentary at The Hill
- Collected news and commentary at The Huffington Post
- Collected news and commentary at The Washington Times
- The Hill, "SD Senate candidate: Reid and DSCC ‘will come around’," accessed December 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Rick Weiland July Quarterly," accessed February 14, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Rick Weiland October Quarterly," accessed February 14, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Rick Weiland Year-End," accessed February 14, 2014