|Idaho State Senate, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Burns' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Are we adequately preparing the next generation?
- Excerpt: "The future of our children s well-being is absolutely tethered to the quality of their education."
Is belief in a supreme being necessary?
- Excerpt: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."
Are guns really necessary?
- Excerpt: "Guns are a part of our society."
Is Incarceration working?
- Excerpt: "We need to consider alternatives to prison and the current drug rehabilitation system."
Does the minimum wage need to be increased?
- Excerpt: "Idaho's minimum wage is one of the lowest in the nation."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Rita Burns was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Patti Anne Lodge defeated Gregory L. Collett in the Republican primary. Burns will face Lodge in the general election. Steve A. Kren (R) filed to run but did not appear on the primary ballot.
|Idaho State Senate, District 11 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Patti Anne Lodge Incumbent||63.3%||3,046|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rita + Burns + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho State Senate
- Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho State Senate District 11
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Rita Burns on Facebook