Oregon State House District 38
|Profession||Management Consultant, Attorney|
Gardier's campaign website lists five main issues:
- Property Rights: Preserve, Protect, Defend: "The unfettered right to use and enjoy one’s private property to the greatest extent possible consistent with public safety, public health, and the rights of others to use and enjoy their property is a fundamental freedom that is essential to the integrity of our constitutional republican form of government. Loss of anyone’s property rights caused by abuse of eminent domain, land use, or environmental laws; or by arbitrary, reckless or discriminatory enforcement of zoning rules, threatens the liberty and well-being of all citizens."
- Jobs: "Oregon families are struggling during this economic recession. Salem continues to increase spending and raise taxes to support a growing public sector and discourages private investment in Oregon. Rob supports tax and regulatory reforms to reduce these burdens on employers and working citizens. He will help Oregon create jobs and investment opportunities to build a solid economic future."
- Education: "Oregon’s young people deserve quality educational opportunities to build a better life and a brighter future. Rob wants parents to have the ability to choose the best education for their children. Rob supports legislation that ensures funding makes it to the classroom, giving teachers the tools and the flexibility to do what they do best: inspire our children and teach the skills needed to pursue their passion."
- Accountability and Transparency: "Oregon taxpayers deserve to know how the state collects and spends their money. There are many fees and regulations that are hidden taxes that add to our cost of living and the cost of doing business in Oregon. The state should submit to an independent audit and publish an annual financial report by certified independent auditors."
- Fiscal Discipline: "Did you know that half of state expenditures are financed by fees? Rob believes taxpayers need simple, accurate information about how much money they are paying in taxes and fees. Rob also believes that government should budget based on what they have like the rest of us, rather than spending with no regard for the impact on families and job creation."
Friends of Rob Gardier
PO Box 784
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile (dead link)
- Imagine Election Profile