Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate, District 10|
|Bachelor's||California Institute of Technology|
|Birthday||September 7, 1960|
|Place of birth||Fullerton, CA|
Maffit earned a Bachelor of Science from the California Institute of Technology. His professional experience includes working for Cisco Systems.
Maffit says that his overall philosophy toward governance is that he is an opponent of big government solutions and he supports pro-free-market positions, liberty and private property.
- Stop the growth of state government
- Fix the $20+ Billion deficit by reducing spending
- Make state legislators accountable to the voters
On his campaign website, he expands on his positions in six areas:
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "Government at all levels must be kept in check, and at all times within the bounds of its relevant constitution or charter. Wherever possible, autonomy should reside with the people (government should leave the people alone) or with more local governments. The functions of the state government should be as few as possible, with emphasis on public safety, law and order."
- Free Markets
- Excerpt: "Wherever possible and practical, free and unregulated markets should be encouraged, in contrast to subsidies, regulations, and other government interference. Nothing curbs abuse by businesses better than unfettered competition."
- Individual Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Each member of the civil society is responsible for his own, and his family's well-being. It is not the role of government to provide for anyone, unless there is no other means for such individuals to be protected."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "The states formed the Federal Government to address those matters common to all - national defense, interstate commerce, currency, and so on. These are the enumerated powers of the Federal Government. Every other power is usurpation and must be reversed."
- Excerpt: "Taxes should be sufficient to support the minimum functions of the state, and no more."
- Transparency and Good Governance
- Excerpt: "All state government functions must be transparent and subject to review by citizens and the press. Laws and regulations must come from elected legislative bodies and not unelected bureaucrats."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Maffit was endorsed by:
- Fremont Tea Party
- Alameda County Republican Party
- Tri-City Patriots
Maffit and his wife, Erin, have two children. They reside in Hayward, California.
- Rob Maffit campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California
- "Project Vote Smart," "Rob Maffit's Biography," accessed October 25, 2013
- League of Women Voters, "Rob Maffit"
- Policy positions of Rob Maffit as described on his campaign website
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid