|Oregon House of Representatives, District 42|
|July 7, 2014-present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||June 26, 2014|
|Appointed by||Multnomah County Commission|
Nosse's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Putting Public Education First
- Excerpt: "Make investing in high quality public education from pre-K through college his top priority."
- Excerpt: "Continue to fight for lower tuition, more student aid, and better access to college for all Oregon students."
- Excerpt: "Work to increase Opportunity Grants to open our universities and community colleges to more Oregonians and help reduce skyrocketing debt being taken on by young people."
Health Care for All
- Excerpt: "Supports universal healthcare coverage for every Oregonian through a single payer healthcare system."
Supporting Women's Health Care
- Excerpt: "Stand strong and ensure we do not retreat on women’s rights in Oregon."
- Excerpt: "Oppose any attempts to restrict access to abortion and women’s healthcare services."
Protecting Our Environment
- Excerpt: "Stand up to big corporations, like Monsanto, who work to put their profits before public health and safety."
Winning the Freedom to Marry
- Excerpt: "Ensure same-sex couples and their families are provided with the basic legal protections that straight couples enjoy."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Rob Nosse defeated John Sweeney, Kathleen O'Brien, Dan Shaw, Don Gavitte and Teddy Keizer in the Democratic primary. Bruce Alexander Knight is running as a Libertarian candidate. Nosse and Knight will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 42 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Nosse's endorsements include the following:
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Basic Rights Oregon
- NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon
- Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund
- American Federation of Teachers--Oregon
- Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
- Oregon State Building and Construction Trade Council
- Oregon AFL-CIO
- Ironworkers Local 29
- Bricklayers and Allied Craft Workers Local 1 OR
Nosse and his husband, Jim, have two children. He is a member of Jobs with Justice, the Oregon League of Conservation Voters, Teamsters Local 223, Health Care for All Oregon, the Oregon Student Foundation and the Labor Employment Relations Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rob + Nosse + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 42
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Rob Nosse on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Gazette Times, "Rob Nosse appointed to Oregon Legislature," June 26, 2014
- Facebook, "Rob Nosse," accessed April 28, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Meet Rob," accessed April 28, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 Oregon House of Representatives Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Supporters," accessed April 28, 2014
Jules Kopel Bailey
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 42
July 7, 2014-present
| Succeeded by|