Rob Taylor (Iowa)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 44|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Lincoln High School|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University|
|Master's||William Penn University|
Taylor earned his B.S. from Upper Iowa University and his M.S. in Business Leadership from William Penn University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Taylor served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Environmental Protection, Vice-chair|
|• Human Resources|
Taylor's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "To create jobs and grow the economy, businesses need a stable climate to plan for future growth and job creation."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Rob will focus on lower corporate income taxes & reducing commercial property taxes but work to prevent a shift of taxation on personal income taxes and personal property taxes."
- Excerpt: "Rob supports policies that empower parents and communities to make decisions at the local level so that we can again reach best in the nation status in our school system and prepare our children to compete in a global economy."
- Excerpt: "Rob believes that government functions its best in a smaller, leaner form; and that states rights should preclude federal mandates."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Rob Taylor was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Taylor ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 44. Taylor ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Eric Brenneman in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Taylor is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Taylor raised a total of $74,584 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Rob Taylor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 44||$74,584|
|Grand Total Raised||$74,584|
2012Taylor won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Taylor raised a total of $74,584.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rob Taylor (Iowa)'s campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$4,423|
|Taylor, Rob & Christi||$2,889|
|For Americas Republican Majority Pac||$2,000|
|Grooters, Ron & Kay||$1,946|
|Taylor, Robert W||$1,946|
|Total Raised in 2012||$74,584|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Rob and his wife, Christi, have four children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rob + Taylor + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 44
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rob Taylor on Facebook
- Rob Taylor on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- taylorforiowa.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Taylor, Rob," accessed September 19, 2013
Annette Sweeney (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |