|Idaho House of Representatives District 12A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Business Marketing and Management, Idaho State University (1992)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Anderst served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Human Resources|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Anderst's campaign website described the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I support free market solutions to our economic challenges. I support lower taxes and a regulatory structure that is pro growth."
- Excerpt: "I support Education reforms. I believe that the most important elements are: A system that rewards good teachers. Minimizes Administration, wherever possible."
- Excerpt: "I support Private Property Rights. I support the 2nd Amendment. I am pro life. I support traditional Marriage."
Anderst won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 12A. He defeated Roger L. Hunt and Steve Nible in the Republican primary and defeated Tracy S. Volpi (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 12A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tracy S. Volpi||32.9%||4,759|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 12A Republican Primary, 2012|
|Roger L. Hunt||33.5%||1,066|
Comprehensive donor information for Anderst is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Anderst raised a total of $32,844 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Robert Anderst's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 12A||$32,844|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,844|
2012Anderst won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Anderst raised a total of $32,844.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Anderst's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,950|
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,500|
|JR Simplot Co.||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,844|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Anderst received a score of -6 points in the 2013 index, ranking 32nd out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Anderst is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Anderst + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Robert Anderst, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Anderst, Robert." Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Robert Anderst," accessed October 12, 2012
Robert Schaefer (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 12A
| Succeeded by|