Robert B. Lancia
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 16|
|January 6, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Rhode Island College|
|Place of birth||Cranston, RI|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Lancia served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health, Education and Welfare|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Lancia's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Lanica seeks to lower taxes and expedite permitting. He is pro-life and supports traditional marriage."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Peter Palumbo was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Robert B. Lancia was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kirk McDonough (D) and Michael Imbruglia (R) were removed from the ballot before the primaries. Palumbo was defeated by Lancia in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Robert B. Lancia||52.5%||2,774|
|Democratic||Peter Palumbo Incumbent||47.5%||2,507|
Lancia ran in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 27. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11. Incumbent Hanna Gallo was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lancia and Aram G. Garabedian (I) were defeated by Gallo in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Lancia + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Robert Lancia on LinkedIn
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Lanciaforsenate.com, "The Issues," accessed October 18, 2012 (timed out)
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 6, 2012
Peter Palumbo (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 16
January 6, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|