|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Master's||University of Richmond|
|Profession||Director of Government and Community Affairs, Comcast Cable|
Clifton earned his B.A. in political science from Rider University and his M.S. in political science from University of Richmond. His professional experience includes working as director of government affairs at Comcast Cable Corp and director of industry relations at New Jersey Pavement and Asphalt Association. He served as the mayor of Matawan from 1996-2005. 
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Clifton served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Housing and Community Development|
|• Transportation and Independent Authorities|
Clifton won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 12. Clifton was bracketed with Ronald Dancer. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He and incumbent Ronald Dancer (R) defeated Lawrence J. Furman (D), Nicholas Nellegar (D) and Diane Bindler (FTP) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Clifton won election to District 12 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Clifton and Ronald Dancer ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Catherine Tinney Rome and William Spedding in the November 8 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Clifton is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Clifton raised a total of $120,429 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Robert Clifton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 12||$120,429|
|Grand Total Raised||$120,429|
2011Robert Clifton won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Robert Clifton raised a total of $120,429.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Clifton's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$24,295|
|Bramnick For Assembly||$5,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$120,429|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Clifton and his wife, Tracy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Clifton + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- REGION: Lawmakers weigh in on BPU solar litigation - Packet Online
- Familiar face takes reins of Monmouth County government - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Happy belated birthdays to the late December crowd - Asbury Park Press (blog)
- Timothy Ladin Joins DailyDAC LLC - PR Web (press release)
- Super Bowl 2014 fan guide: Parties in New Jersey - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Commercial Law League of America and DailyDAC, LLC Enter into Strategic ... - PR Web (press release)
- New Year Honours 2014: list in full - Telegraph.co.uk
- Hit-and-run victim always thought of friends - New Jersey Herald
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 12," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 12," October 24, 2011
- Official Campaign Website New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Robert Clifton
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Robert Clifton
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- Project vote smart-Assemblyman Robert Clifton
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Clifton, Robert" Accessed August 16, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |