|Georgia House of Representatives District 140|
|February 23, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 15, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Georgia|
Dickey earned his B.A. and M.A. in Business Administration. His professional experience includes owning Dickey Farms, a peach and timber farm in Musella, GA.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dickey served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice Chair|
|• Agriculture and Consumer Affairs|
|• Banks and Banking|
|• Energy, Utilities and Telecommunications|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dickey was not appointed to any legislative committees.
Dickey's 2011 special election campaign site emphasized his reasons for seeking office:
- "I have always been committed to serving this community that has done so much for me. I am ready to take my service to the next level and deliver for this district. With a struggling economy and 10% unemployment, we need an experienced businessperson who knows how to attract new jobs, balance budgets and keep taxes low. We need someone with the experience in agriculture to help our farmers and agribusiness expand and add new jobs. Now more than ever, we need a leader who is committed to our families, who has a record of service and has the experience to deliver for us. That's why I am running, and I will not let you down."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Robert L. Dickey was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Dickey ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 140. Dickey ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 140, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Robert Dickey Incumbent||100%||15,699|
Dickey defeated Judye Sellier (R) and Sharon Howard (D) in the February 15, 2011 special election to Georgia House of Representatives, District 136. Both Georgia special elections held an open primary. All candidates appeared on the February 15 ballot along with their party affiliation. Since Dickey received more than 50% of the vote, the election will not proceed to a runoff on March 15.
Comprehensive donor information for Dickey is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Dickey raised a total of $184,216 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Robert Dickey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 140||$38,465|
|2011||Georgia State House, District 136||$145,751|
|Grand Total Raised||$184,216|
2012Dickey won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dickey raised a total of $38,465.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Dickey's campaign in 2012|
|Rabun, Virginia M||$1,000|
|Bond, Nichole H||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$38,465|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Dickey is a member of the Georgia and Crawford County Chamber of Commerce, the Georgia Water Council, the local Farm Bureau, the SunTrust Middle GA Bank Board, and the Gordon College Foundation. He also serves as Vice President of the Flint Energies Board of Directors. In the past, Dickey has served as President of the Georgia and National Peach Council and Chair of the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences Advisory Council. He is married to his wife, Cynde. They have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Robert + Dickey + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Robert Dickey on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Facebook Page
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Macon.com, "Dickey is apparent winner in House 136 race," February 16, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Dickey, Robert," accessed August 27, 2013
- Campaign Site, "About Robert Dickey"
James Epps (R)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 140
| Succeeded by|
Tony Sellier (R)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 136
| Succeeded by|
Carolyn Hugley (D)
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |