|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 91|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University, 1975|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law, 1988|
|Birthday||February 2, 1950|
Evans earned his B.A. from Mississippi State University and J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Evans served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Universities and Colleges|
|• Workforce Development, Vice Chair|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Evans served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Judiciary B, Vice Chair|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Investigate State Offices|
On November 8, 2011, Evans won re-election to District 91 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican Cindy Bryan in the November 8 general election. 
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 91 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Robert Evans Incumbent||64.9%||5,596|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 91 (2007)|
|Robert Evans (D)||6,662||100.00%|
In 2011, Evans received $43,577 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Evans's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$3,920|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$2,500|
|House Democratic Victory Pac||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$43,577|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,596|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.79|
In 2007, Evans collected $60,958 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Lawyers Involved for Mississippi Betterment||$50,893|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Ott, Janet & Luther S||$500|
|Mississippi Optometric Association||$500|
|Smith, Jeffrey C.||$500|
Evans has been a member of the American Bar Association, Habitat for Humanity, Mississippi Public Defenders' Association, and the Southern Poverty Leadership Council.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Evans + Mississippi + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bunny in the City: Festival of Lights full of fun - Savannah Morning News
- Angel Of Hope Arrives At St Rose, Dedication Ceremony Planned - The Newtown Bee
- Nelson Mandela's funeral to take place on December 15 at his childhood home ... - NEWS.com.au
- Tributes flow after global icon Nelson Mandela dies - NEWS.com.au
- 'He belongs to the ages now' - NEWS.com.au
- Nelson Mandela's coffin taken from home as world mourns death - Herald Sun
- Holiday weekend basketball - DeSoto Times Today
- NAMA takes possession of bust developer's ?6m Dublin 4 home - Irish Independent
- Bob Menendez: Obamacare Puts Democrats In 'Great Position' For 2014 - Huffington Post
- MCC plans demolition of Matty Hersee Hospital - Jackson Clarion Ledger
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart - Rep. Evans
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State, 2011 Official Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 election results.
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 Democratic primary results.
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Robert Evans.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 91
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |